TATTOO SHOWCASE – FOOD AND MERCH VENDORS – ISLAND DANCE SHOWCASE – DIABETES AWARENESS – LIVE MUSIC – CARNIVAL RIDES – CAR SHOWCASE – RUGBY 7s TOURNAMENT
SANTA CLARA COUNTY, F A I R G R O U N D S, SAN JOSE | CA
1-Day music & entertainment celebration of Island Reggae culture and lifestyle.
The 2016 Island Reggae Festival has changed locations! Because of you, our IRF Massive, we have outgrown the Redwood Amphitheater at California’s Great America. The new location “The Santa Clara County Fairgrounds” is bigger and offers more space for our family activities.
The 5th Annual Island Reggae Fest will take place on Saturday, July 9, 2016 (10:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.) at the heart of Silicon Valley at the massive Santa Clara County Fairgrounds. The Santa Clara Co. Fairgrounds offers 167,000 square feet of indoor space, 20 acres of lawn and paved outdoor space, plus 40 acres of parking.
Island Reggae Festival CONTINUES to showcase worldwide and local renown artists and bands.
Due to the new Bigger Location, the Island Reggae Fest has expanded. Live Music, Carnival Rides and Fireworks is still the standard. But we have added a “Roots & Culture” element to the IRF. The IRF 2016 will also be featuring:
- Diabetes Health Awareness Services (health professionals will be on site available to give information, provide resources and info regarding nutrition, exercise & overall healthier living)
- Island Culture Food, Arts & Crafts Vendors
- “Journey through the Pacific/Island Hop” an Interactive Museum
- Island Dance Competition
- Lei Making, Wood Carving & Basket Weaving demonstrations
- Tattoo Showcase (from some of the talented Polynesian Tattoo Artists around the world)
- Car/Motorcycle/Bike Showcase
- IRF Rugby 7’s Tournament
- 2 Stages of Live Music
- Carnival Rides for the ALL AGES crowd
- This is an all ages event
As usual, weather is expected to be nice & sunny; great summer weather for a festival.